This is the first summer I have had holidays for a long while.
Last year (2017) I was finishing off my Master’s, all the way until I started teaching. The year before that (2016) I was working on my Master’s and preparing to start teaching at Uxbridge College. The year before that (2015) I had left a job that was killing me and was freelance for the first time, seeing first-hand the stress of applying for work as a full-time job. I also started my Master’s then. The years before that (2014, 2013, 2012) I was a workaholic, working as a Registrar and making movies.
So, here’s what I’m doing this summer.
- Preparing for the next academic year: writing assignments, schemes of work and lesson plans;
- Promoting our Raindance HND programme and our two new programmes;
- Promoting and preparing for the October Action On The Side project;
- Getting some paid film work: I’ve been applying for sound recording, AD, and writing roles.
- I’m 1st AD’ing a short film called Lycanthropy. Looking forward to shooting that on September 1st, 28th, 29th, 30th
- I’m editing a short film called Bitches
- Developing a few film ideas;
and, of course, doing some relaxing.
I hear that’s nice.