I’ve just started using you. You’re annoying me. I’m used to ProTools, and there are a few differences that are getting on my wick. Please see what you can do about the following.
1. When you don’t playback where I’ve just made a change. I want you to start playing where my change just occurred, so I can check that I’ve made the right change. Such as if I cut a bit out, start playing from the end of my deleted section, so I can check whether I need to cut out more. Not where the play line is currently sitting. If I process a sound file, I want to hear the processing – so start playing at the start of the amended sound file, not where the play line was left. Hell, if I’ve selected a sound file, that’s because I want to hear it. So start from the start of the sound file, and, again, not where the play line was left.
2. There’s only one place to click to move the play line, and that’s in a space at the top of the window, about 5mm tall. If I misjudge, I don’t move the play line, I create a marker. Uncool.
3. When I make a mistake, and I press Apple-Z, I expect that mistake to be reversed. Multiple times now, I moved or processed a sound file, then accidentally hit .5mm off where I want the play line, creating a marker. I have hit Apple-Z to remove the marker, and you know what it does? It leaves the marker, and changes the move/process I did on the sound file! As though any mistake made with a marker will not be fixed by the magical Apple-Z. UNCOOL!
4. The video window is in the way, and the pool window keeps disappearing. I have to keep typing Apple-P to get the pool window back. Every. Time. I. Insert. A. File. Granted dual screens would work best, but I don’t have dual screens.
5. The online help thing won’t connect to the internets. So I can’t read your help guide. My computer obviously isn’t having issues connecting to the internet (as evidenced by the fact I am typing this right now), so why are you having issues? Also, and this is directed only at you, but must you be one of those programmes that annoyingly, when I select the help menu and start typing in my question, decides it has no information, and I have to open the help manual. Why have the option to type in my question in the first place? If you’re going to force me to open the manual, then just cut to the chase.
I am sure that there are other things that will annoy me as I get to know you better.
I will let you know that I appreciate your short keys to change the selector tool; your colour palette; and the easy way to change various other settings. But, seriously, if you want me to not miss ProTools, you need to work the way I want you to.