This blog post was sitting in my drafts folder for years. I decided to post it retrospectively, with a few amendments.
- Proper Marmite: the Marmite in the UK is brown, rather than black. It just doesn’t taste as good (to me)
- Rice crackers: hmmm … with dip
- edit: you can get these in some supermarkets
- Sweet Chilli Philly
- Tim Tams: these were available at the Kiwi/Aussie/SAFA/Canadian store – Penguins are an alternative, but they don’t work for the Tim Tam Slam.
- Lamingtons: although I did find a cafe in Shoreditch that had them
- A proper really good flat white: being from Wellington, I’m a snob about my coffee. Sacred cafes do the best in London.
- edit: there are some good flat whites now…
- Reduced Cream: mixed with soup mixtures (Onion) for amazing dips
- Sugarfree V: although you can get regular V in some dairies / stores, if you don’t want the massive sugar hit, you can’t get sugarfree.
- Grain Waves
- Spirulina smoothies: seriously, getting a 1L smoothie with spirulina in it … I haven’t found that in London. You can get other green smoothies, but not with spirulina.
- Pineapple Lumps
- Chocolate fish: give that man a chocolate fish!
The moral of the story: bring me these things!