I was back on set for the first time since before the pandemic
I was the First Assistant Director and Production Manager for Velma Velma Velma, a short film directed by Josh Kidd, shooting in East London, 21-23 July 2021
The last film I was on set for was A Winter Barbecue, the last Action On The Side film. We shot that the day before the UK went into its first lockdown, in March 2020.
The key changes shooting post-covid include:
- requiring proof of negative test result
- wearing a mask when inside
- minimising people on set
- staggering call and wrap times
- increased hand-washing and use of sanitiser
- individual catering, minimising cross-contamination
Now that I’ve cracked that on-set cherry again, time to get to more film shoots.